Seamstresses, draughtsmen, onsite upholsterers, business coordinators, HR, communication… Join us and be part of a team devoted to excellence.
At Jouffre, creativity means feeling free to create, co-create, collaborate with talented interior designers and help them bring their vision to life. Always challenge the status quo and find innovative solutions for continuous improvement.
At Jouffre, perseverance is the determination to take on the boldest challenges to achieve ever more ambitious goals. It means believing in one's abilities and putting in the effort required to make a project a success, without ever giving up.
At Jouffre, transference is the sharing of savoir-faire and knowledge which perpetuate the great tradition of the craft that drives us. It also means teaching our skills to new employees who join us so that they can improve, grow and train the best artisans. It also means transmitting the information, making sure it is available to the team and we are not holding it alone.
At Jouffre, rigor is what each individual imposes on themselves in their work to strive for perfection. It means pushing the limits of one's craft, profession, techniques, and methods every day.
Would you like to be part of a team of Project Managers and support them in their daily work? This internship is made for you!
- Support three full-time project managers in their role and workload
- Obtain custom pricing from relevant vendors (furniture framers, fabric houses, metal fabricators, finishers, etc.)
- Draft estimates based on client’s specifications and requirements, using Google Sheets templates and consistently maintaining brand guidelines
- Integrate prices into estimates
- Enter costing information and data into the company ERP/Software
- Update files regularly in connection with project updates
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt as additional needs arise within the PM team
The success of your role is dependent on your ability to create a positive working relationship with your team and help support their missions. We pride ourselves on teamwork so gaining the trust of your colleagues and collaborating is essential.
Our projects are often detailed and complex, so the accuracy of estimates and paperwork are crucial to successful communication. Your capacity to be extremely well organized, rigorous and thorough in the way you handle all documentation is key.
Jouffre is looking for someone who is excited to learn and eager to assist a growing company. Interest in the areas of interior design, furniture design, and luxury goods would be a huge help as well!
- Fluent English is mandatory as this is the common language at Jouffre.
- Spanish or French is a plus.
- Salary is $16/hour.
- Hours are anticipated to be 8 hours per day, 5 days per week, but are flexible and open for discussion.
- The internship is expected to last 4 months, with the potential to extend to 8 if all parties agree.
The Jouffre workshops are looking for an experienced upholsterer whose main mission will be to make all types of furniture (window frames, curtain blinds, bedspreads, decorations, etc.) to measure and up-market, according to a defined set of specifications.
The profile sought must master all the techniques of modern and traditional dressmaking:
- Development of decorating techniques;
- Cutting of fabrics / leathers;
- Hand and machine sewing;
- The application of trimmings;
- The mastery of fabrics;
We are looking for an autonomous and proactive upholsterer, focused on quality and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be able to work as part of a team and will have a real capacity to listen, to transmit and to share his/her know-how. Mastery of all modern and traditional garment making techniques is required.
If you wish to join a creative workshop, participate in exceptional projects and contribute to the excellence of a company labeled "Entreprise du Patrimoine Vivant", do not hesitate to apply!
Location of the position: Lyon, Villeurbanne
Starting date: ASAP
Number of positions to be filled: 1
Experience: 10 years minimum
Type of contract: Full Time Contract
Salary: Between 2400€ and 3400€ brut / month (based on experience)
Although our team is already well established, we are always open to new talent. That why we are looking for an experienced upholsterer who will have as main mission to realize upholstered furniture (armchairs, beds, sofas and seats) on measure and high quality, according to a defined schedule of conditions!
In our Lyon workshops, you will join a team of qualified craftsmen. Your mission will consist of :
- Carrying out the upholstery (horsehair / foam)
- Making templates
- Cutting fabrics / leathers
- Carry out the hand / machine sewing
- Make the pocketed / stretched cover
- Putting on the finishing elements
- Carry out possible travels on site for installation (France / International)
We are looking for an experienced, autonomous and proactive senior upholsterer with solid technical skills in upholstery.
You are a dynamic and curious person with good interpersonal skills! Indeed, teamwork is a very strong and important concept within Jouffre.
Furthermore, you have a real capacity to transmit and share your know-how and have a sense of responsibility. Your rigor and your attention to detail are among your main qualities!
- Mastery of all traditional, semi-traditional and contemporary (modern) tapestry techniques is required
- Mastery of cutting, sewing, upholstery and covering is expected
- Have a good command and knowledge of fabrics
- The practice of English is a plus
Starting date: ASAP
Type of contract: CDI
Experience: 10 years minimum
Salary: Between 2400€ and 3400€ brut per month (Based on experience)
We are looking for an Installer & Wall Upholsterer, dynamic and having the sense of contact to represent the company on site and carry out the installation of our various achievements, from our curtains to our sofas through our wall hangings!
On our building sites, in France or abroad, as well as in our Lyon workshops, you will join a team of qualified craftsmen. Your mission will consist in :
- To carry out dimensional measurements
- Install equipment / support fittings
- Install simple and elaborate confections
- Carry out work of wall hangings
- Carry out sheathing work (fabric and leather)
- Assemble, adjust and set up furniture
- Make templates, cut fabrics/leather, sew and finish
- Manage the tools in conjunction with the logistics team
- Manage your schedule and your interventions
- Make numerous trips to the site for installation
We are looking for an autonomous and proactive upholsterer with good technical skills and knowledge in upholstery.
We are looking for a dynamic and organized person with good interpersonal skills, as teamwork is a very strong and important concept within Jouffre.
As a true ambassador of the company on its sites in France and abroad, we are looking for a candidate who attaches great importance to customer service and contributes to the high-end image of our company.
In addition, you have a real capacity to transmit and share your know-how and have a sense of responsibility. Your rigor and your attention to detail are among your main qualities!
- Mastery of all tapestry techniques is expected
- Knowing how to organize, adapt your work and work on the road is essential
- English is a real plus for this position
Starting date : ASAP
Type of contract : CDI
Experience : Beginner accepted
Salary : According to experience
Ateliers Jouffre is in search of a skilled upholsterer to be a part of our New York team! ¡Ateliers Jouffre busca un tapicero experimentado para formar parte de nuestro equipo en Nueva York!
MISSIONS / MISIONES
· Designing templates / Crear patrones
· Fabric cutting / Cortar telas
· Shaping foam for seats and backrests / Cortar y modelar foam para asientos y respaldos
· Crafting traditional and modern seat upholstery (webbing, springs, horsehair, foam) / Confeccionar tapicería tradicional y moderna (cinchas, resortes, crin, foam)
· Crafting and upholstering pillows and cushions / Fabricar y tapizar cojines y almohadones
· Hand and machine sewing / Costura a mano y a máquina
· Upholstering diverse furniture types / Tapizado de diversos tipos de muebles
We seek an autonomous, proactive, and Experienced Upholsterer with profound technical upholstery expertise. The ideal individual should thrive in teamwork, with a genuine passion for imparting and sharing their knowledge. The selected candidate must consistently deliver high-quality work, even on tight schedules, without sacrificing job integrity.
Buscamos un Tapicero Experimentado autónomo y proactivo con una profunda expertise técnica en tapicería. El individuo ideal debe trabajar bien en equipo y tener una pasión genuina por compartir y transmitir sus conocimientos. El candidato seleccionado debe proporcionar trabajo de alta calidad consistentemente, incluso bajo plazos ajustados, sin sacrificar la integridad del trabajo.
· Proficient in both traditional and modern upholstery techniques / Dominio de técnicas de tapicería tradicionales y modernas
· Mastery in cutting, sewing, templating, and upholstering / Dominio en corte, costura, creación de plantillas y tapizado
· Proficiency in leather and wall upholstery is a significant advantage / El conocimiento en tapizado de cuero y paredes es una ventaja significativa
· A minimum of 10 years' experience (encompassing both new furniture crafting and reupholstery) / Mínimo 10 años de experiencia (en fabricación de muebles nuevos y retapizado)
· Fluency in English is essential, with Spanish or French as a beneficial addition / Fluidez en inglés es esencial, y el español o francés es una ventaja
ADDITIONAL DETAILS / DETALLES ADICIONALES
Location/Lugar : Long Island City, NY
Start Date/Fecha de inicio : ASAP
Salary/Salario : Commensurate with experience/Según experiencia
We're looking for a Wall Upholsterer specialized in Wall Upholstery for our NY workshop!
In this position, you will need to work closely with our Wall Upholstery Manager and Freelancers to transform conceptual ideas into wall covering that beautify and enrich living spaces. Your work will help elevate our products beyond functionality and transform them into functional works of art!
- Carry site visits prior to work starting to evaluate conditions, elevations and take measurements (if necessary)
- Prepare the technical materials (wooden slats, padding) by measuring, cutting and joining to ensure they are ready for use in the wall upholstery / wall paneling or wrapping process
- Cutting and joining the fabric / leather by sewing by hand and/or by machine
- Figure out with Wall Upholstery Manager the positioning of seams and repeat (when applicable) on wall / panels
- Apply fabric / leather using French traditional wall upholstery technique
- Carry out checks at each stage of production to ensure that each wallcovering meets the company's quality standards and design specifications
- Contribute to the improvement of wall upholstery techniques by monitoring new trends, innovative materials and emerging manufacturing methods
- Making sure the surface is adequate and adjust it if necessary (sand, prime etc)
- Prepare the leather or fabric to be applied
- Wrapping with glue leather or fabric onto any requested item (panel, table, drawer front, door, shelve etc)
During lack of projects of wall upholstery, you will be working on furniture projects in the shop as part of seat upholstery team, you can have the following missions:
- Creating templates
- Cutting fabrics
- Cutting and shaping foam for seats and backs
- Making the traditional and modern seat stuffing (webbing, springs, horsehair, foam)
- Making and covering pillow and cushions
- Sewing both by hand and by machine
- Upholstering any types of furniture
We are looking for an experienced Wall Upholsterer autonomous and proactive with strong technical skills in Wall Upholstery but also in Wrapping and Seat Upholstery! The ideal candidate will be able to work in a team and must have a real ability to transmit and share their know-how.
We are looking for a professional and respectful candidate who has a good team spirit and a responsible behavior and attitude onsite!
The right candidate must have the ability to complete jobs following a schedule, sometimes in a short time, while maintaining a high level of quality and without compromising the integrity of the job.
The right person must be able to travel across the US and internationally, sometimes for several days (a valid passport will be required).
- A clean driving license is mandatory
- 5 years of experience required in wall upholstery
- Experience in working with leather
- English is mandatory
- Spanish and/or French are a plus
- Knowledge of seat upholstery is required
- Knowledge of window treatment and/or installation is a real plus
Start Date: ASAP
Contract Type: Full-Time (40 hours per week)
Salary: $27.00 - $34.00 per hour (Based on level and experience)
We’re honored to introduce our conversation with the gifted French designer and architect Marion Stora, who recently teamed up with our workrooms to bring to life her new collection “Opening...
As part of the Maison&Objet In The City event, renowned interior architect and designer Marion Stora introduced her inaugural furniture collection in collaboration with our fine upholstery...
Since January 17, 2024, the world of interior design and architecture has been in the spotlight at Le French Design Galerie, presenting the winning projects from the 3rd edition of the Le FD100...