Seamstresses, draughtsmen, onsite upholsterers, business coordinators, HR, communication… Join us and be part of a team devoted to excellence.
At Jouffre, creativity means feeling free to create, co-create, collaborate with talented interior designers and help them bring their vision to life. Always challenge the status quo and find innovative solutions for continuous improvement.
At Jouffre, perseverance is the determination to take on the boldest challenges to achieve ever more ambitious goals. It means believing in one's abilities and putting in the effort required to make a project a success, without ever giving up.
At Jouffre, transference is the sharing of savoir-faire and knowledge which perpetuate the great tradition of the craft that drives us. It also means teaching our skills to new employees who join us so that they can improve, grow and train the best artisans. It also means transmitting the information, making sure it is available to the team and we are not holding it alone.
At Jouffre, rigor is what each individual imposes on themselves in their work to strive for perfection. It means pushing the limits of one's craft, profession, techniques, and methods every day.
Jouffre Inc is looking for an experienced upholsterer to join our New York team! ¡Jouffre Inc está buscando un tapicero con experiencia para unirse a nuestro equipo de Nueva York!
MISSIONS / MISIONES
- Creating templates
- Cutting fabrics
- Cutting and shaping foam for seats and backs
- Making the traditional and modern seat stuffing (webbing, springs, horsehair, foam)
- Making and covering pillow and cushions
- Sewing both by hand and by machine
- Upholstering any types of furniture
_ _ _ _ _ _
- Crear patrones
- Cortar telas
- Cortar y dar forma al foam para los asientos y respaldos
- Confeccionar la tapicería tradicional y moderna (webbing, foam, resortes, pelo)
- Fabricar cojines y almohadones
- Costura a mano y con máquina
- Tapizado de todo tipo de muebles
We are looking for an Experienced Upholsterer autonomous and proactive with strong technical skills in upholstery! The ideal candidate will be able to work in a team and must have a real ability to transmit and share their know-how. The right candidate must have the ability to complete jobs following a schedule, sometimes in a short time, while maintaining a high level of quality and without compromising the integrity of the job.
- Mastery of traditional and modern inside upholstery is required
- Mastery of cutting, sewing, templating and upholstering is expected
- Mastery of leather and wall upholstery is a real plus
- Experience: 10 years (in making new furniture as well as in reupholstery)
- Language: English mandatory, Spanish or French is a plus
Localisation: Long Island City, NY
Starting Date: ASAP
Salary: Depend on experience
_ _ _ _ _
Buscamos un Tapicero Experimentado autónomo y proactivo con fuertes competencias técnicas en tapicería! El candidato ideal será capaz de trabajar en equipo y debe tener una capacidad real para transmitir y compartir sus conocimientos técnicos. El candidato adecuado debe tener la capacidad de completar los trabajos siguiendo un calendario, a veces en poco tiempo, manteniendo un alto nivel de calidad y sin comprometer la integridad del trabajo.
- Se requiere dominio de la tapicería interior tradicional y moderna
- Dominio de corte, costura, plantillas y tapizado
- El dominio del cuero y tapizado de paredes es una ventaja
- Experiencia : 10 años (tanto en fabricación de muebles nuevos como en retapizado)
- Idiomas : Inglés básico obligatorio, español o francés es un plus
Lugar : Long Island City, NY
Fecha de inicio : Lo antes posible
Salario : Basado en experiencia
We are looking an Accounting Assistant who will work closely with the VP Finance & HR Manager by providing administrative support on a variety of daily activities including the processing of mail, data entry of various accounting tasks such as A/P, A/R and credit card reconciliation!
- Administrative/Accounting support in the following areas:
- Scanning, copying, filing as needed
- Management of invoices and purchase orders
- Submission of purchase order requests from project managers and design team
- Ordering office and kitchen supplies
- Respond promptly and courteously to all employee, management and vendor inquiries. Use sound judgment to resolve first level employee needs where appropriate or escalate matters to the appropriate staff
- Enter daily financial transactions utilizing Quickbooks online, Google Spreadsheets and Method
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
The position requires the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy & precision in the output of work, consistently perform at a high-intensity pace, and be able to manage work with integrity, tact, and sound judgment.
- Minimum education of High School Diploma
- At least one year of Accounting experience
- PC skills including G Suite, MS Word, Excel,and PowerPoint
- Working hands-on in Quickbooks a must
- Excellent verbal & written communication, organizational and time management skills required
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while managing multiple tasks
- Possess exceptional attention to detail and strong follow-up skills necessary
- Maintain an organization system of digital and physical files
- Demonstrates integrity, tact, diplomacy and a commitment to company values
- Strong interpersonal/customer service skills
Localisation: Long Island City, NY
Starting Date: ASAP
Type of Contract: Part-Time, 35 hours per week (possibility of full-time in the future)
Salary: $16/hourly depending on experience
We are looking for a new Project Manager for our New York team!
- Receive and analyze client’s specifications for custom furniture, drapery, window treatments, and wall upholstery
- Distill and organize information in order to create custom pricing for each new request
- Draft estimates based on client’s specifications and requirements
- Obtain costing and prices from the production managers of each department
- Schedule appointments and meetings as needed to discuss about the project/specifications
- Integrate prices into estimates, and format estimate in accordance with brand guidelines for client review (using G-Suite and Google Sheets)
- Enter costing information and data into company ERP/Software
- Clarify and fine-tune specifications by obtaining missing/new information throughout the project life cycle
- Confirm lead time within internal workshops, and follow-up with fabrication progress
- Control of the production quality and design according client’s expectations
- Manage client’s expectations and potentially sensitive situations
The success of your mission is dependent on your ability to create a positive working relationship with your clients, and maintain an inherent knowledge of your projects.
We pride ourselves on teamwork, so gaining the trust of your colleagues and collaborating is essential to success in this role. Being sensitive to details and comfort is a real plus and will help you to be the “eyes and ears of the client” at Jouffre.
- Fluent English is mandatory as this is the common language at Jouffre.
- Spanish or French is a plus.
- We are offering a full-time position.
- Salary will depend on experience.
- Start date: ASAP
Would you like to be part of a team of Project Managers and support them in their daily work? This internship is made for you!
- Support three full-time project managers in their role and workload
- Obtain custom pricing from relevant vendors (furniture framers, fabric houses, metal fabricators, finishers, etc.)
- Draft estimates based on client’s specifications and requirements, using Google Sheets templates and consistently maintaining brand guidelines
- Integrate prices into estimates
- Enter costing information and data into the company ERP/Software
- Update files regularly in connection with project updates
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt as additional needs arise within the PM team
The success of your role is dependent on your ability to create a positive working relationship with your team and help support their missions. We pride ourselves on teamwork so gaining the trust of your colleagues and collaborating is essential.
Our projects are often detailed and complex, so the accuracy of estimates and paperwork are crucial to successful communication. Your capacity to be extremely well organized, rigorous and thorough in the way you handle all documentation is key.
Jouffre is looking for someone who is excited to learn and eager to assist a growing company. Interest in the areas of interior design, furniture design, and luxury goods would be a huge help as well!
- Fluent English is mandatory as this is the common language at Jouffre.
- Spanish or French is a plus.
- Salary is $15/hour.
- Hours are anticipated to be 8 hours per day, 5 days per week, but are flexible and open for discussion.
- The internship is expected to last 4 months, with the potential to extend to 8 if all parties agree.
We are looking for our future Workshop and Garment Coordinator who will join our team in Lyon in order to accompany and facilitate from an organizational point of view all the projects of the garment workshop in terms of quality, costs and deadlines!
- Follow and develop the subcontracting of garments
- Carry out project costing
- Ensure the follow-up of internal supplies
Continuous improvement missions:
- Propose improvement areas
- Search for new subcontractors
Your mission will be composed of three main parts:
Quotation & Study
- Assist the Project Managers for the costing
- Update the data contained in the costing matrices
- Carry out the technical study of the installation and deduce the needs in rods / accessories
- Supply the rods
- Carry out the measurement (before sale and purchase)
- Follow, feed and update our database of subcontractors
- Plan and coordinate subcontracting (internal / external)
- Regularly visit subcontractors (before, during and after production)
- Control and verify the quality of finished products
- Approach new subcontractors to develop new projects
- Organize the availability of the elements necessary for the manufacturing process (supplies, blackouts, raw materials, small tools, etc...)
- Monitor the progress of supply requests and alert stakeholders in case of delay
- Verify and control supplies
All other contributions that may appear in the position depending on the deliverables mentioned
We are looking for a candidate with experience in project management and if possible a significant experience in the custom upholstery industry!
The ideal candidate is an autonomous, agile and dynamic person who appreciates challenges and who knows how to work in a team and in project mode by combining creativity and organization.
We are looking for a person who has very good interpersonal skills, who enjoys convincing, debating, negotiating and exchanging with people of various profiles.
Organization, rigor and communication are the main qualities we are looking for!
A good knowledge of upholstery in decoration
A very good management of resources, budgets and projects
A very good command of computer tools (google suite, ERP)
Be very organized and know how to prioritize tasks
The practice of English is a plus
Location: Lyon, Villeurbanne
Starting date : As soon as possible
Type of contract : CDI
Status : Non Executive
Department : Workshop & Installation
Salary : Between 32K and 36K gross / year
Jouffre Inc is now looking to expand its carpentry workshop in order to increase its in-house carcass production capacity and raise its quality level. That's why we are looking for a woodworker to complete our team!
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The main goal of this position is to contribute to making wood frames with the Jouffre high quality and standards!
SKILLS & MISSIONS
- High knowledge of high-end woodworking
- Working on visible show wood pieces
- Working with both solid wood and plywood
- Constructing and assembling high-quality hardwood furniture frames
- Ability to fabricate both straight and curved-shaped furniture
- Applying veneer
- Excellent knowledge of traditional joinery
- Using hand and power tools
- Operating modern wood machinery
- Knowledge in wood types and their appropriate applications
- Quality control
- Collaborating with in-house furniture designers and upholstery workshop manager to build the frames according to our clients’ needs
- Taking templates
- Understanding architectural plans, elevations & renderings
- Knowledge of CNC machinery on wood
We expect the right candidate to be team-oriented and autonomous in order to adapt easily to the constantly changing environment of a fast-growing company. We are looking for someone who is willing to share their knowledge with others and also learn from others. High motivation and humility are the key qualities for this position!
- Fluent English is mandatory as this is the common language in our workshop
- Spanish is a plus
- We are offering a full-time position
- This position is open for entry level / beginner
- Salary will correspond with experience
If interested, please upload your resume and pictures / references of previous works
Jouffre's workshops are looking for an experienced Logistic Manager to join the Moroccan team!
OVERALL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
To improve the flow of logistics between departments and to improve internal and external flows.
RESPONSIBILITIES & MISSIONS
Manage the logistics operations of receiving, shipping, national and international deliveries
Process and respond to requests
Organize departures and transports and manage related invoices
Write the mandatory documents
Ensure logistics flows within the workshops and between sites
Manage the various stocks
All other contributions that may appear in the position depending on the deliverables mentioned.
We expect at least 3 years of experience as a Logistics Manager, ideally in a high value-added manufacturing company!
If you wish to join a creative workshop, participate in exceptional projects and contribute to the excellence of a company labelled "Entreprise du Patrimoine Vivant", then do not hesitate any longer and send us your CV and a cover letter to the following address: email@example.com
You have a strong experience in Management and as a Logistician
You have a driving licence
The mastery of French and Arabic is essential
The mastery of computer tools (google suite, ERP) is a real plus
You have a very good sense of organization
Jouffre's workshops are looking for an experienced Workshop Manager to join the Moroccan team!
OVERALL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
To manage the quality/cost/delivery performance of the workshops by supporting the craftsmen in their organization and development.
As a Manager, you must be able to trust your teams and give them meaning in their daily missions. You must be able to immerse yourself in the company's liberation project, which must be at the heart of your concerns.
Make sure you transmit your positive energy by setting motivating and achievable objectives that are consistent with the company's vision. Animate, listen, challenge, and help your teams grow in a benevolent manner by adopting a true leadership posture.
Be an actor and a driving force in the personal development of your teams, their well-being and their safety in a serene and pleasant atmosphere. Give your team the autonomy they need, let them make decisions but still manage to step back and find solutions if needed.
Manage the quality/cost/delivery performance of the Headquarters workshop
Organize and coordinate the proper execution of schedules
Animate the teams and maintain a constant individual listening
Assign the execution of projects according to the skills acquired or to be acquired
Evaluate the skills of the craftsmen and make them evolve according to the requirements of the company
Manage the safety of the craftsmen and the order and cleanliness of the workshops
Lead, optimize and follow the working time of the upholsterers
Set weekly objectives, monitor them and deal with discrepancies by developing shared solutions or by calling on available skills
Supervise and define resource requirements to meet the medium/long term workload plan
Ensure compliance with processes upstream and downstream of the workshop
Analyze with an appropriate team the time gaps at the end of the execution and capitalize in the improvement of practices
All other contributions that may appear in the position depending on the deliverables listed.
We are looking for a Manager / Head of Workshop who has a very good team spirit, a real technical appetence for the manufacturing business, an overflowing energy and a strong dynamism!
At Jouffre, you are the ideal Manager when you promote transparency and motivation of your teams by having a great capacity to listen and to be rigorous. Employees need to know that they can count on you, so you need to be a source of trust for them.
With the help of your teams, you know how to bounce back quickly in case of difficulty by making clear and effective decisions and by structuring the process. You have the ability to make judgments that allow you to position yourself in both human and technical situations. We want you to be a driving force for the company and a source of inspiration for the entire organization.
We expect at least 5 years of experience as a Manager / Workshop Manager, ideally in manufacturing companies with high added value!
If you wish to join a creative workshop, participate in exceptional projects and contribute to the excellence of a company labelled "Entreprise du Patrimoine Vivant", then do not hesitate any longer and send us your CV and a letter of motivation to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for our future project manager intern whose main mission will be to participate with the Design Office teams in the management, coordination and piloting of projects from the time the order is taken by the designer to the delivery to the customer!
- Organize launch meetings with the different departments of the company (Manufacturing, Design & Methods Studio, Logistics, etc.)
- Create and develop "project files" (retroplanning, action plan, etc.)
- Contact the suppliers and follow up on the receipt of the various orders
- Update the various follow-up documents (follow-up of supplies, receptions, customer visits, etc.)
- Assist the Design Office in the creation of various documents for shipments (export invoices, packing list, quality assurance documents)
- Participate in the elaboration of quotations: contacts with fabric editors (sample requests, price requests...)
- Participate in the quality control and conformity of the productions
- Inform clients of the progress of their projects
- Improve internal communication tools and reporting of commercial activities
- Provide administrative assistance to stakeholders as needed
All other contributions that may arise during the course of this internship and depending on the progress of the missions mentioned.
Very autonomous and with a spirit of analysis and synthesis, you are not afraid to learn. You are organized by nature and you like to interact with people of various profiles.
You have a Bachelor's degree / Master's degree / Master's degree and you have a strong appetite for service and contact with teams. Agile, with a constant concern for collaboration and teamwork, you enjoy working in project mode while keeping an operational mindset.
If you want to join a creative workshop, participate in exceptional projects and contribute to the excellence of a company labeled "Entreprise du Patrimoine Vivant", don't hesitate and apply!
The practice of English is a plus to carry out the various missions of this internship.
Type of contract: Internship
Positions to be filled: 1
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months
We are looking for our future methods trainee whose main goal will be to establish a precise workshop process by taking into account the quality / cost / time constraints in order to improve all technical workshop process!
MISSIONS OF THE INTERNSHIP
With the Jouffre upholsterers, thanks to their know-how and their technical knowledge, establish the different manufacturing processes:
- Learn about all existing recurring models
- Analyze the manufacturing steps
- Describe the methodology following the model established by your predecessors
- Take pictures at each step, make diagrams / tables to illustrate the methodology
- Validate each methodology with the technical referents
- Follow these actions via a project follow-up support
You have an analytical and synthetic mind and you are not afraid to learn, you are dynamic and you enjoy interacting with people of all ages and with varied profiles.
You are curious, agile and rigorous and you have a strong appetite for contact and teamwork.
You have a Bac +2 / Bac +3 from an engineering school, BTS, DUT, Bachelor's degree in Methods / Industrial Engineering / GMP and you have a strong appetite for methodology.
If you want to develop your skills and contribute to the success of the manufacture of exceptional products this internship is for you!
Start of the internship: ASAP
Duration: 2 months
Type of contract: Internship
Jouffre is looking for an installer, dynamic and having the sense of contact to represent the company on site and carry out the installation of our various achievements, from our curtains to our sofas through our wall hangings!
On our building sites, in France or abroad, as well as in our Lyon workshops, you will join a team of qualified craftsmen. Your mission will consist in :
- To carry out dimensional measurements
- Install equipment / support fittings
- Install simple and elaborate confections
- Carry out work of wall hangings
- Carry out sheathing work (fabric and leather)
- Assemble, adjust and set up furniture
- Make templates, cut fabrics/leather, sew and finish
- Manage the tools in conjunction with the logistics team
- Manage your schedule and your interventions
- Make numerous trips to the site for installation
We are looking for an autonomous and proactive upholsterer with good technical skills and knowledge in upholstery.
We are looking for a dynamic and organized person with good interpersonal skills, as teamwork is a very strong and important concept within Jouffre.
As a true ambassador of the company on its sites in France and abroad, we are looking for a candidate who attaches great importance to customer service and contributes to the high-end image of our company.
In addition, you have a real capacity to transmit and share your know-how and have a sense of responsibility. Your rigor and your attention to detail are among your main qualities!
- Mastery of all tapestry techniques is expected
- Knowing how to organize, adapt your work and work on the road is essential
- English is a real plus for this position
Starting date : ASAP
Type of contract : CDI
Experience : Beginner accepted
Salary : According to experience
We are looking for an experienced upholsterer who will have as main mission to realize upholstered furniture (armchairs, beds, sofas and seats) on measure and high quality, according to a defined schedule of conditions.
In our Lyon workshops, you will join a team of qualified craftsmen. Your mission will consist of :
- Carrying out the upholstery (horsehair / foam)
- Making templates
- Cutting fabrics / leathers
- Carry out the hand / machine sewing
- Make the pocketed / stretched cover
- Putting on the finishing elements
- Carry out possible travels on site for installation (France / International)
We are looking for an experienced, autonomous and proactive senior upholsterer with solid technical skills in upholstery.
You are a dynamic and curious person with good interpersonal skills! Indeed, teamwork is a very strong and important concept within Jouffre.
Furthermore, you have a real capacity to transmit and share your know-how and have a sense of responsibility. Your rigor and your attention to detail are among your main qualities!
- Mastery of all traditional, semi-traditional and contemporary (modern) tapestry techniques is required
- Mastery of cutting, sewing, upholstery and covering is expected
- Have a good command and knowledge of fabrics
- The practice of English is a plus
Starting date: ASAP
Type of contract: CDI
Experience: 10 years minimum
Salary: According to experience
Jouffre and Souchet, a company specialized in seat carpentry, have been collaborating for many years. Today, we have decided to go even further and create a partnership to unite forces and face up to...
Stewart Manger's first monograph is entitled "Romancing the Home". It will be available on October 18th.
An International Biennial celebration of Art and Creation, the Revelations exhibition is the must-attend event which celebrates the vitality and creative force of art craftsmen from around the world....